Ludwig van Beethoven
Symphony no 9
Tilla Briem – Elisabeth Höngen – Peter Anders – Rudolf Watzke
Bruno Kittel Choir
Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra
Recording: March 1942
A crucial and indispensible recording, prized by every admirer of Furtwängler, but presented here as never before.
The digital package includes:
– CD-format audio files [flac]
– Compressed audio files s [mp3]
– Introductory note [pdf]
– Digital booklet in French [pdf]
– Digital booklet in English [pdf]
– Facsimile of the programme for 22 March 1942 [pdf]
– List of Ninths conducted by Furtwängler [pdf]
The booklet includes a detailed analysis by Harry Halbreich, the Ode to Joy with French and English translations, biographies of the performers, a list of members of the Berlin Philharmonic, and numerous rare or previously unpublished photographs.